Aluminium decking (Knotwood) is a versatile and durable product. But is it really sustainable?
The short answer is – Yes.
Now here comes the science bit…
• Aluminium is 100% recyclable.
• Aluminium decking is an ‘upcycled material’
• It can be recycled indefinitely.
• Approximately 2/3 of aluminium ever produced is still in use today.
• Aluminium does not ‘degrade’ during the process.
• Recycling used aluminium cuts the cost by 95% in both energy and production.
• Aluminium decking is durable and non corrosive. A natural film forms on the surface of aluminium (called aluminium oxide). It protects against the aluminium becoming scratched or damaged. This aluminium film helps the surface to instantly reform after the damage has taken place.
Plus aluminium decking really does look very good. Check it out in our decking gallery